Monday, August 30, 2010

Mexican Pizza = AWESOME.

I wish I had a better picture. This doesn't do it justice.
I love combining different cuisines. There's just something about it. In this Pizza recipe I combine traditional Italian foods and sauces with a Mexican twist that will make your tastebuds dance. Please use this Pizza Dough Recipe. Now let's start off with the sauce:

SAUCE
2cups Crushed Tomato Sauce
1 Medium Onion, chopped
4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped

1- Saute both Garlic & Onion in olive oil. Once translucent, add Chrushed Tomato Sauce. Add Salt & Pepper, to taste.

CHICKEN
1 lb. Ground Chicken
1 Garlic Clove
1 bunch of Scallions
Cholula Chipotle Hot Sauce

1- Drizzle Olive Oil in the pan. Throw in chicken & begin to brown. Throw in the Garlic & Scallions. Then add in Salt, Pepper, & the Hot Sauce to taste.

CHEEEEEESE. This is entirely up to you. I used Monterey Jack with Jalapenos because I love some spice to my food. And the sliced red onions on top are optional but they add a crunch which is always nice.

RICOTTA
8oz. Ricotta
2 Limes
Bunch of Cilanto, chopped

1- Zest the skin of the Lime and then juice 1 lime. Chop the Cilantro and mix it all in with the Ricotta.


Layer the Pizza in order of the recipes list and bake at 425 degrees for 15-20minutes. ENJOY :)


PS: My wonderful boyfriend, Mario, helped me out with this recipe. <3

No comments: