Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SPINACH DIP!


WHO DOESN'T LOVE THIS STUFF?? People have been obsessing over this over at Houlihan's for years, but let me tell you, I don't think it gets any better than making it from scratch at home. My twist to it? A beer. It just makes it all the more better.

I made mine in a fondue pot given to me at work because of the "Secret Santa" grabbag. I was so freaking happyyy when I got it. I needed to make something with it besides melting up some chocolate and this is what I came up with. Simple, yet SO delicious:


1 medium yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
a bunch of Spinach
1 beer; (I used Yuengling)
3/4 cup of light cream
1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese with JalapeƱos
3/4 cup of White Cheddar
Sea salt, to taste
Peppercorn Medley, to taste
Olive Oil, for pot

You can start off by drizzling in some olive oil. Then throw in the yellow onion a pinch of sea salt to help them sweat out. You can now throw in the garlic (make sure not to put in too early, garlic burns easily and can taste very bitter). Once the garlic & onion are translucent you can pour in 1 12oz. beer or your choice. I chose Yuengling and I think it worked beautifully with the dip. Let the beer come up to a light simmer and then toss in the Spinach. Once the Spinach has begun to wilt, pour in the light cream. Let come to a simmer and slightly thicken. You can now crack in fresh Peppercorn medley, to taste. And the final and most delicious step, THROW IN THE CHEESE AND LET IT MELT. It's now ready for you to scarf down, hehe.

Served it with chunks of bread and restaurant-style tortilla chips. ENJOY!



4 comments:

http://abebedorespgondufo.blogs.sapo.pt/ said...

Very good.

yumsbyannie said...

thank you :)

yumsbyannie said...

Please continue to follow, there will be more to come!

Trilla said...

I'll give it a try. Sounds great! Hey, I'm following you, you follow me!http://trillap.blogspot.com/