Monday, September 20, 2010

LOTUS: Thai food in Guttenberg!

Busy, busy at dinner time.

I could not have been more than happy when I found out there was a Thai restaurant only 2 blocks away from my house. LOTUS. When you walk in, you're immediately taken out of Guttenberg and you find yourself in was seems a chic Manhattan Thai restaurant with very nice decor. The ambiance was great and the staff was more than friendly, quick to give us the scoop on what they believed were the best dishes. I struck up a conversation with who seemed to be the Owner (turned out to be the Chef's son) of the place, telling me that the Thai Basil they use in their dishes are grown outside in a small garden behind the restaurant. I find that to be brilliant because that obviously makes it just that more fresh. The food was delicious, an explosion of flavors in your mouth. I tried the Green Curry and it was unlike anything I had ever tasted before. I felt every inch of my palette tingle with flavor. Absolutely delicious. I also tried the Spring Rolls (I really liked the sauce and the light crunchiness of the wrapper) & the sauteed Basil Dish (sooo good!) I will be returning very soon to try the MANY things that caught my eye on the menu. You should all definitely check it out, even if you have not tried the cuisine before. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: