Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My French Dinner Party.

Fortunately, a picture of my favorite dish, the Ratatouille.
I have terrible news. There was a mishap with my camera and all the pictures of my lovely dinner party are now gone. Oh well, shit happens. I would like to state that although I pretty much sliced the tip of my finger off with a mandoline (again, shit happens, haha), the dinner party was a complete success. The menu consisted of: Quiche Lorraine, Spinach & Onion Quiche, and the now oh-so-famous Ratatouille (I used the recipe from the movie, not the traditional stew) for appetizers. Coq Au Vin for the entree and Chocolate Fondue with Strawberries & Madelines for dessert.

Being my first attempt in eating, making, and/or trying French cuisine I was so very happy with the outcome of our meal. Everything was MORE than delicious, especially the Ratatouille. WOW, It was amazing. The balsamic vinaigrette tied it all in together so well.

I'm also happy to announce that due to this dinner, I now have a second dinner party coming up as per request of one of my guests. So I will definitely have more coming your way, and this time, I promise I'll have pictures!

1 comment:

Ika816 said...

I am really looking foward to it, we had a great time and the food was phenominal. you could tell that you cooked with love.. we tasted it with every bite <3